My Blog List

7 April 2015

Former Justice Minister, Aondoakaa, Quits Politics

George Okoh in Makurdi
Former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Michael Aondoakaa

Former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Michael Aondoakaa, has resigned his membership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Aondoakaa said he was leaving partisan politics to take care of his personal business and also engage fully in his law practice.

He said: “I am leaving politics to fully engage in a bigger law practice and also tend to my business. I have already tendered by resignation letter to the party.”
On the allegation that he intended to decamp to the All Progressives Congress (APC), the former Minster debunked the rumor.


“I am not joining any party, it’s not true; I am leaving now before anyone starts saying anything or insinuating anything, I am quitting partisan politics,” he said.
Aondoakaa also debunked allegations that he worked against the PDP in the last elections, describing the allegations as unfounded and baseless.

“I never worked against the PDP. On the day of the elections, I only went to the polling booth and cast my votes, all I told the people was that they should vote according to their conscience and also defend their votes, I never worked against any party, the allegation is baseless,” he stressed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment